Just let me point out that I may be sad, but Eldan did it first.
But anyway, here’s the list of languages in which I have at least one song. Additions to the catalogue are welcome. So if anyone has any Kazakh hip-hop, Thai post-punk or Macedonian emo, please let me know…
· Arabic
· Armenian
· Bambara
· Belarussian
· Danish
· English
· Esperanto
· French
· Georgian
· German
· Greek
· Hebrew
· Hindi
· Hopelandish (Sigur Ros language)
· Hungarian
· Icelandic
· Italian
· Japanese
· Krio (Sierra Leone creole)
· Latin
· Moldovan/Rumanian
· Norwegian
· Peuhl
· Polish
· Portuguese
· Roma
· Russian
· Serbian & Croatian (virtually the same)
· Sonrhaї
· Spanish
· Temasheck
· Turkish
· Tuvan
· Ukrainian
· Urdu
· Welsh
· Zulu
I also have a recording of some woman talking in tongues, but I guess that’s not a language as such…

3 comments:
yeah, yeah. You win. Not only do you have more languages than me, but there are some I've never even heard of. So, where are these ones from?
Bambara
Peuhl
Sonrhaї
Temascheck
Hmmm. Well I've already got about 80% of your record collection already so I've probably got most of those in mine but I just don't realise it. In addition (copies can be sent) I've now got the Rough Guide CDs to the following
Calypso & Soca
Cuba
Tex-Mex
Salsa
Afro-Peru
Afro-Cuba
Bluegrass
Salsa Dance
Cape Verde
Egypt
Greece
Indonesia
Louisiana
Mali & Guinea
Russia
The Gypsies
West Africa
Cajun & Zydeco
And that Mali Music thing that Damon Albarn done.
There must be a few new ones there though I'm buggered if I know what they are.
all of those languages come from one album - Talking Timbuktu by Ali Farka Touré and Ry Cooder. They're all Malian/West African languages, I believe, but Mark probably knows more than me.
Smuj probably has all these languages plus a few more, given that he's got a fair bit of West African music...however, I guess most of the stuff on that list is in languages already on the list - lots of Spanish, I guess...
Post a Comment