Thursday, May 25, 2006

Harmony of nations

It's amazing what you can put your mind to when you are trying to write a 6,000 word paper -i.e. anything but writing the paper. To be fair, I was ill yesterday and still feel below par today, so writing semi-academic work is probably beyond me anyway. But I shall not feel guilty, for the last hour of my life has been far from wasted. I proudly unveil to ye all: the UKrainian Jack. I wonder what Olga will say...


4 comments:

Customer said...

Genius

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

You know I was going to get all anoraky about this but here goes.

1st.. Yellow on white is a strict heraldic no-no. They both represent metals (silver and gold) and aren't allowed to meet as they aren't distinguished enough from a distance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_%28heraldry%29

2nd.. Look at a correct Union Jack and you wil see that the crosses of Scotland and Ireland are counter-changed acknowledging Scotland's superiority over the Irish by joining the Union first. You have 'willfully' chosen to ignore this. Amateurish frankly.

3rd.. Very pretty though.

4th.. I am a complete knob who knows far too much about this sort of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_%28heraldry%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldry

These lovely sites are available should you want to be as big a bore as I am.

Customer said...

Ok I was in awe of duncan and now I am in awe of you. As in, you are both awful.

eldan said...

As was that pun.

More importantly, what did Olga have to say about it?