And so here we are. I can't believe that nearly 6 weeks have passed since I got here. Well, I can - it's funny how perceptions of time can mutate so massively, but a couple of days ago it seemed to be dragging on interminably and I was doubting that my stay would ever be over. But today I had my last meetings, and my trip is nearly at an end: a little bit of sightseeing tomorrow (at last) and then I leave in the evening - only the tiny matter of a 24-hour journey home, and I will be transferred from the North East of South Asia to the North East of England.
I'm still not in a position to sum up my impressions of Bangladesh in any coherent overall fashion, so more fragmentary postings will have to suffice. But it's certainly been fascinating to live here for 6 weeks, and I've been very lucky in that my local colleagues have been extremely kind, extremely supportive and extremely easy to get on with.
At this stage, I don't know whether this is goodbye for good, or whether I shall be coming back to Bangladesh several times in the next few months - both are possible and it depends on a range of factors that I shan't bore you with. Maybe I still wouldn't recommend Bangladesh as a holiday destination, but when you get a chance to come here for a purpose, and have people to support you at every step of the way, then it's definitely a fascinating place - and unforgettable :)
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment