Saturday, June 02, 2007

Techno wizardry

I'm sure only about 3 people (including myself) ever read this any more, and who can blame them when I...
a) don't live somewhere far away, interesting and mysterious anymore (although actually, for the Londoners who read this I think Newcastle might still qualify)
b) write very infrequently, in fits and spurts
c) blogging is so passé

Well, I can't really do much to sort out 1 or 3, but if you do actually want to read my infrequent rants about not very much but can't be bothered to check this very often, what you want is a reader. Al has already mentioned this on his blog a while back (incidentally, I need a reader to check if Al will ever write anything again) so I'll direct you there rather than rewrite it all. Suffice to say that I use Google Reader and am quite happy with it.

While I'm on a technology trip, I wanted to point out that I have just added my own personal radio station to this page, thanks to last.fm, which I've only just discovered but is rather marvellous for musos like me. This means that should you be so inclined, while you read my blog you can have a listen to songs that I have recently been listening to. Clever, huh? My personal page is available here. I strongly urge my other muso friends to join last.fm as well - now we all live in different places it's a good way to keep in touch with people who share similar music tastes...

Lastly, if you're still reading you might want to know that Olga has also jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog, in a crazy mixture of three languages. Should you wish to read it, there's a link to the right...

2 comments:

Monsieur Le Capuchin said...

Don't say Blogging's dead! That makes me a very sad panda. Especially as the magazine market slowly shrivels like a slug in the sun and my day-dreams of getting paid to write flit into the ether.
I need an outlet!
So what if I hardly have anyone read it? I get searched thanks to terms like "persuading boys to wear skirts" - what more could you ask for.

I listen to less music these days so I fear Last fm would be a bit pointless for me - something that had a stream of film clips would be better suited "what I'm watching"...
Maybe Brixton has mugged Alex of his blogging powers?

Haven't seen you in a while but I'm glad you're well, despite living in the North East.

Anonymous said...

Well, I still read it and you're right lastfm is actually pretty cool. What I want to know is where you had a copy of love your money by Daisy Chainsaw hidden away in your CD collection. I demand a copy now sir.