For those of you who don't know what this part of the world looks like, and haven't managed to come up and visit us yet, I thought it might be good to link to these rather lovely photos of Northumberland, the county just to the north of Newcastle which is stacked full of beautiful places.
I guess I shouldn't focus only on Northumberland, there's some lovely stuff closer to home as well, in Newcastle and Gateshead (for the record, Monkchester is what Newcastle was called in the times when Northumbria kicked ass and was pretty much the most powerful part of the country. Admittedly, that was over 1,000 years ago, but we all have our claims to fame).
By the way, if you do want to come see it with your own eyes, you don't need to wait for an invitation, just drop us a line and if we're around (which we normally are), we'll be happy to have you come and stay - unless of course you're some psycho who has chanced across my blog and is dreaming of ways to torture me. Then you'll have to stay at a hotel or something.
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's OK, as long as I can stay at a hotel near enough to your place that I am still able to torture you merely by being within sight all day.
Post a Comment