Friday, August 04, 2006

Pause for breath

Forgive my absence for the last month. Not that I’ve had hundreds of people pounding me with emails, begging me for more of my insightful, charming and witty outlook on the world, but I’m sure you were thinking this, even if you didn’t get round to saying it…

The last month has been, as usual, rather hectic. On the personal front, it’s involved largely work, work, and more work, plus minor health issues (it’s nothing serious, just not much fun), and, well, not a lot else.

Most of this work was related to my current employment, of course. Theoretically, nothing at all happens in summer in this part of the world. It’s too hot, and people go on holiday for 3 weeks at a time, so between mid-July and 1 September nothing really happens. Unless of course you have a political crisis knocking on for four months, in which case there’s plenty going on. Still, it’s got me on the radio a couple more times, so it ain’t all bad.

I’ve also done a couple of other things here and there for people that I used to work with, just because until we have furbished our flat, finances are fairly tight so I am taking every chance I can get to earn a few more bob (I’ll even do a silly dance for ten quid, if there’s any takers…). The result of which is that I didn’t have a proper day off for about three weeks.

Finally, however, it seems like things are slowing down, and I might actually get a good dose of relaxation – to the extent that it suddenly occurred to me that I didn’t have many urgent things needed doing today (though plenty of longer-term things I should take this opportunity to move on)…But yes, time to answer some emails, write my blog, relax at a weekend, etc…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lord, you pause for breath for five minutes and before you know it the leader of the revolution has hopped straight into bed with his auld enemy (as we like to say in this part of the world...).
Any thoughts on this, o wise radio guru? ;-)
Katie
xx

Anonymous said...

Duncan

I'm very disappointed you didn't mention how pleased you were to see us!

(Hurt look, wobbly chin, gleam in eye, sniffle)

Good to see some new content.

O

Herr Kapitän Duncan said...

I was of course overjoyed to see Oscar and Lena. I didn't mention it simply because I didn't want to sound too cheerful :)